In a world where everything we don’t know is solved by a google search, it is crazy to think that some businesses can’t be found with a simple google search.
In a world where everything we don’t know is solved by a google search, it is crazy to think that some businesses can’t be found with a simple google search. While there are a lot of things that go into businesses being ranked (to appear in google searches), before a business can be optimized to appear in searches, they have to have a website. Websites are critical because they are your online presence.
Not having a website in 2021 is like not having a business card for your business 10-15 years ago or not listing your business in the yellow books 20 years ago. Websites offer dozens of benefits for business owners to grow their business and connect with existing customers.
Let’s look at why your business NEEDS to have a website:
- Have a 24/7/365 showroom – A website allows current customers and potential customers to find you and learn about what you do, anytime and anywhere in the world. This means if Sally is with Tom at 10pm talking about how the best place to have burgers in northern Virginia is at your restaurant, Tom can look up your website up to see what your restaurant is all about.
- Market expansion – A website can be accessed by anyone in the world and if your business is the type that can benefit from having worldwide presence and making business anywhere in the world, then a website is a no brainer. Expand your business to anywhere in the world
- Advertise a second location – A website is like having a second brick-and-mortar location, but it is online. You can send traffic to your website just like you would to your physical business location. If you offer physical products, sell those products on your website and if you offer service-based products make sure to include a way for your customers to schedule and pay for those services on your website.
- Stay in competition – Do your competitors have a website? (Google it and find out!) If your competitors have a website and you don’t, you’re simply a step behind. Let’s say Tom wanted to search for nearby plumbers because a pipe broke in the middle of the night. Tom is going to go straight to google and type “plumbers near me” and you are not going to be near Tom. Make a website, rank higher, and get those customers.
- Collect data – Have you ever wondered why when you visit a website a few days later you get ads on social media regarding those products you viewed a couple days back? That’s because they know you were on the website, they know you are interested in that product, and now they are retargeting you with Facebook or google ads. This all can be tracked on your website with a simple Facebook Pixel and google analytics so you can do the same to people who visit your website.
- Tell your story – A website is a great way to let your customers know the story about your business, learn more about the business, and see who is behind it. This connects them on a much deeper level, creating a better relationship.
- Promote your brick-and-mortar locations – Your website doesn’t have to be anything complicated; it can literally just be a way to send people to your brick-and-mortar location. You can also let them know what you offer and where you are located.
- Display testimonials and awards – We all have that friend that looks at yelp reviews, almost for a living, and the truth is, a lot of people look at reviews before purchasing and hiring a company for a service. A website is a great way to showcase your best work, reviews, and pictures of your business to give potential customers that social proof they are looking for.
At Open Design our main goal is to help businesses thrive and succeed in the modern age. Schedule a consultation call today so we can figure out where your business is and what we can do to help you reach the next level!